Fall is a favorite season for many folks in Ohio. It’s time for football games, apple picking, and carving pumpkins. Daily life is a little different this year, but there are still things to do in New Philadelphia this fall. Here are a few ways to have fun, support local businesses, and enjoy our special community.
1. Sip a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Daily Grind
Pumpkin Spice Lattes, ok anything pumpkin spice, are a staple of fall. The Daily Grind Cafe, based in downtown New Philadelphia, is the perfect place to enjoy this seasonal coffee treat.
If you’re not a fan of the beloved pumpkin spice, they’ve got you covered with plenty of other speciality drinks to choose from featuring fall flavors. Try a Harvest Latte, Caramel Apple Cider, Campfire Hot Chocolate, or an Autumn Frost Milkshake to name a few. Check out their full menu here.
2. Shop Fall Fashion at Local Clothing Retailers
Fall means thick sweaters, cute boots, warm scarves, and stylish coats. Downtown New Philadelphia has a range of clothing stores to meet every fall fashion need for men, women and children. Have you visited them all?
- Crete’ Clothing specializes in men’s styling, tuxedos, and casual wear. Get coupon here.
- The Gift Market offers children’s apparel. Get coupon here.
- Cinizia is a contemporary upscale store featuring women’s apparel, jewelry and accessories.
- SoBoho features bohemian clothing and home decor.
- Alley Cats Marketplace has vendors with clothing and accessories.
- Miller’s Clothing & Shoes offers high quality men’s clothing, shoes, and accessories.
- Inspirations Clothing & Resale sells name brand clothing and accessories for less. They have clothing for all ages.
- Kool Ragz offers clothing & accessories
3. Have a Fall Photoshoot Downtown
Fall is a great time to take photos with the falling leaves and bright colored trees making the perfect scenery for special moments. Downtown New Philadelphia, with its small town charm, historical buildings, and artsy murals makes an excellent backdrop for cool photos. It’s also a great way to get out of the house and be creative.
4. Walk New Philadelphia’s Mural Mile
It’s hard to miss the amazing murals popping up around downtown New Philadelphia in recent years. They bring color, vibrancy, and excitement to our lovely town.
We’ve created a mural map you can follow to get some exercise and enjoy the fall weather. This is a great social distancing activity too, so you can stay safe, but get out of the house! Along the way, you’ll also notice artwork on our trash cans and benches. Check out the digital mural map here.
5. Visit Local Art Galleries
The Tusc Art Co-op gallery, located in Around the Corner Frames, will open on September 19, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. This new venture features paintings, photographs, jewelry, ceramics, and other pieces of art by local artists. Stop in to see their art this fall!
You can also view work by local artisans at Alley Cats Marketplace, just over the road!